Job: Adoptions Supervisor
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Arizona Humane Society
The Adoptions Supervisor will supervise day-to-day operation of the shelter animal adoptions teams. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and training that ensure on-site adoptions run smoothly and result in excellent external and internal customer experience. Make recommendations to the Adoptions Manager and Director of Customer Experience regarding improvements to policies, procedures, workflow, and budgetary impacts. Ensure that all shelter adoption team members are provided clear expectations, effectively trained, and held accountable to the expectations provided to them.
• Direct and assist the Adoptions Coordinators in the initiation, assigning and overseeing of the duties and responsibilities of the shelter adoption teams. Ensure duties and responsibilities are being carried out safely and efficiently in accordance with established expectations, policies and procedures for the animals in our care. Assist in the settling of disputes involving employees and/or the public. Ensure that customer experience is of the highest quality possible.
• Ensure that training materials and training process of the shelter animal adoptions team are effective and consistently utilized. Initiate updates and revisions to the training materials and training process at the direction of the Adoptions Manager.
• Assist the Animal Adoptions Manager with: interviewing and hiring, employee counseling and documentation; conducting performance evaluations; and recommending employee termination with approval of Adoptions Manager and Director of Customer Experience.
• Work with the Shelter Animal Adoptions Manager to provide excellent internal customer experience by managing relationships with AHS departments and ensuring effective workflow and hand-offs.
• Monitor the budgets for the shelter adoption teams and keep Shelter Adoptions Manager apprised of significant variances or impacts. Make recommendations during annual budgeting process.
• Work with the Shelter Adoptions Manager to identify new approaches, revenue streams and improvements to increase the number of adoptions and improve live release rate. Perform other duties as assigned by the Shelter Adoptions Manager or Director of Customer Experience.
Skills / Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent; college studies or degree preferred, at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to read and write English, draft, revise, and communicate training materials, and executive summary documents. Strong Microsoft Word skills preferred.
• Experience in financial reporting and analysis preferred, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Must be able to function in a stressful environment, possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and be able to resolve conflict. Should have experience in an animal welfare environment and an understanding of retail and cash handling operations.
All successful applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and background screening.
Applications can be picked up and submitted at either our Nina Mason Pulliam Campus for Compassion, 1521 W. Dobbins Road, Phoenix, AZ 85041 or at our Sunnyslope Facility, 9226 N. 13th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021.
Because of the volume of applications, we are unable to give you a status update on your application.