Job: Professional Security Officer (Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe, Glendale)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Security/Protection Services
PLEASE MONITOR YOUR EMAILS. ALL COMMUNICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE VIA EMAIL ONLY. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS. This is an entry level position with a starting salary of $11 to $13.50 per hour, based on experience. The current openings are located all over the Phoenix metro and are for Evening/Overnight shifts only.
YOU MUST HAVE AN ARIZONA GUARD CARD IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Responsibilities of a Professional Security Officer include, but not limited to:
- Conducting roving patrols through parking lots and other areas of the property to monitor for damage, criminal activity, etc.
- Conducting foot patrols of courtyards, management offices, pools, and/or other corridors to ensure that the property is safe of any illegal or inappropriate activity, as well as take preventative actions to protect the property of the residents.
- Monitoring the property for suspicious activity which could include unauthorized vehicles, vehicle that have been broken into, trespassers or people loitering, trash and lighting issues, or other items that are not normal to that property.
- Checking all doors to ensure employees locked up and set necessary alarms.
- Checking for lighting, trash, and security assessments which would include notifying customers via reports of all necessary lights that are out, trash that is not disposed of properly, and any potential areas that there could be a breach of security (no fence, hole in fence, overgrown trees or bushes to hide in, etc.)
- Officer will not be using force of any kind, only a visual deterrence.
- Writing clear and accurate reports according to the Operations Manual guidelines to document all that you saw during the patrol.
- All patrols and routing are conducted through our Patrolguide software. Guard will be required to learn the software and use it in the appropriate manner to maitain efficiency and submit reports in real time.
Skills / Requirements
- DPS Guard Card
- Home Internet Connection
- A high school degree or GED.
- Successful completion of drug test and background check.
- Clean driving record.
- Completion of all on-line and physical training modules.
- Complies with all uniform requirements according to the S88 Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to learn and use new software efficiently and without major errors.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices.
- Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, work under stress, add value and continuously improve.
- Ability to conform to established procedures and to help identify and solve problems.
- Ability to type 25 words per minute or better
We are looking for professional, career minded individuals. Persons just seeking something to fill the gap need not apply.
Applicants will need to complete the online application located on our website: http://www.signal88.com/employment.aspx