Ak Chin Indian Community
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ak Chin Indian Community
Pay: $50,900 to $71,260/year
Salary : $1,957.69 - $2,740.77 Biweekly $50,900.00 - $71,260.00 Annually
Job Reference #: 2300178
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Hardware/Networking, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Transit Manager|
|Opening Date/Time:||Wed. 12/19/18 12:00 AM Arizona Time|
|Location:||42507 W. Peters and Nall Road, Maricopa, AZ 85139, Arizona|
|Salary:||$1,957.69 - $2,740.77 Biweekly|
$50,900.00 - $71,260.00 Annually
|Salary Information:||Offering salary will be made between the minimum to midpoint of the posted salary range for this position, based on qualifications and experience. Employees may progress through the full salary range, subject to their successful performance and annual budget approval.|
Under limited supervision, this position performs highly responsible, complex, non-routine work involved in planning, organizing, and coordinating the development of comprehensive long-range transit service for the Ak-Chin Indian Community. This position will manage the transit system and operations, projects, marketing strategy, budget development, submit monthly and quarterly reports, provide continuous training, develop policies and procedures, and analyze and forecast needs for the Transit Department.
| Minimum Qualifications:|
Bachelor's degree in Public or Business Administration or a closely related field and five years of progressively responsible professional work in transit management or transportation, including two years of supervisory experience or experience equivalent to eight (8) years of combined experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must have a Arizona Driver's License with CDL preferred and be able to meet the Community's insurance carrier requirements. Must successfully complete a background check.
Additional Requirement: This position is subject to alcohol and controlled substance testing in accordance to US DOT regulations (49 CFR.
|Examples of Duties:|
|* Manages, monitors, and is directly responsible for Transit program operations.|
* Responsible for the development of standard operating procedures for the program as well as maintaining updates when procedures changes.
* Develops and recommends, for the Council's approval, program policies that facilitate efficiency, compliance and orderly operation of the Ak-Chin Transit Program.
* Oversee the radio communications functions for transit operations.
* Assigns, coordinates schedules, and reviews work of the Transit staff. Conducts annual employee performance evaluations and is responsible for timely and accurate completion.
* Oversees preparation and accuracy of time cards and payroll.
* Prepares proposals, reports, and other technical documents, and provides them to the Community Manager and Community Council as needed.
* Prepares and submits for approval the annual budget, monitors operating budget for the Transit program.
* Compiles data, develops and submits reports monthly, quarterly, and annually.
* Assists in providing various training for all drivers newly hired and ongoing training as identified by state law and regulations.
* Routinely conduct road checks to ensure Transit operations is providing service on-time.
* Evaluates transit system, solicits input, develops and implements market strategies to improve service and infrastructure, identifies cost saving measures, and improves services to passengers and community.
* Attends appropriate training, department meetings, community meetings, professional meetings and represents the Ak-Chin Indian Community and the transit service interests of the Ak-Chin Indian Community. Stays abreast on ADOT, OSHA, and FTA Safety Laws and Regulations.
* Ensures that Ak-Chin Community provides safe, reliable and efficient transit services to the community by being responsive to changing needs and focusing on customer service.
* Assists transit staff in times of shortage to ensure transit services continue be provided.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
|* Knowledge of the principles and practices of management (e.g. budgeting, procurement, supervision, communication, time management).|
* High level of organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning skills including data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills.
* Knowledge of public communication and issue resolution techniques.
* Skill in in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Skill in preparing/presenting a variety of records, reports, grants, and proposals.
* Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other social service professionals, subordinate staff, other Department managers, and members of the Ak-Chin Indian Community.
* Skill in preparing oral and exceptional written reports.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to drive in heavy traffic when necessary.
* Ability to lift, push, and pull special needs or elderly passengers that are wheelchair bond.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, Community Operations Manager, the Community Council, and the general public.
Thank you for your interest in the Ak-Chin Indian Community! Please click on the "Ak-Chin Indian Community Job Opening" button below. A new window will open to the job description. *Please note we require 10 years of work history and explanation of employment gaps longer than 3 months.