Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Systems Quality Manager
Apply by: 03/29/2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Systems Quality Manager. This position provides strategic direction with the goal of building the system change development and testing teams and creating processes responsible for delivering software solutions efficiently and with high quality. It will serve as an overseeing expert test practitioner who manages people and advocates for doing the right thing for employees and end users. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage the testing staff, ensuring adequate support for both internal & external customers to meet emergency and scheduled release deadlines. Develop staff knowledge and application of test process models; test planning; test analysis; test estimation; test design; test automation; test scheduling; test monitoring and control and test metrics. Communicate testing risks and mitigation plans timely to internal and external stakeholders.
* Manage the System Change Development staff ensuring timely completion of System Request (SR) development including Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, documentation, and any needed clarifications.
* Facilitate team development in identification of process improvements via root cause analysis. Champion Arizona Management System (AMS) principles including establishment of effective Wildly Important Goals (WIGs), lag, and lead measures.
* Establish documented standard work processes for work teams; ensure the compliance of relevant standards and procedures, implementing needed changes as applicable.
* Perform supervisory tasks including but not limited to one-on-one meetings, unit meetings, performance evaluations, quality reviews and handling employee relations issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Skilled in all aspects of software testing including test process models, test planning, test analysis, test estimation, test design, test automation, test scheduling, test monitoring and control and test metrics. Writing and/or editing test plans, test reports, and standards/policies/procedures with high attention to detail.
* Skilled in needs-based analysis/data collection to drive process changes and system change request development. Assigning testing projects, monitoring progress, and providing feedback up and down the organization and with external stakeholders regarding the current state of all relevant software. Teaching testing and system request development tools and best practices.
* Ability to lead, coach, direct and convey information to determine effective solutions to internal and external business associates. Identify and analyze organizational and/or procedural problems and create effective solutions.
* Skilled in leadership styles and practices in order to supervise, build and lead teams. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with professional subordinates while evaluating their work and recommending changes
* Ability to work collaboratively to break down barriers and assist internal and external clients as needed as well as to schedule tasks and resources to ensure overall organizational schedules are met. Break down complex issues into manageable and easily understood system requirements.
* Arizona Management System (AMS) and root cause analysis.
* Bachelor’s or more advanced degree related to computer science, or four (4) years of experience in system requirements documentation and software testing including test process models; test planning; test analysis; test estimation; test design; test automation; test scheduling; test monitoring and control; and test metrics.
* Two (2) years of leadership experiencing managing staff.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.