Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pet Resource Center Coordinator
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees the activities of the Arizona Humane Society's Pet Resource Center and team. Assists the team Supervisor and team members as they support the community via incoming calls and voicemail call backs in a courteous and professional manner while meeting or exceed key performance indicators and quality control metrics. Manages the real-time queue monitor to ensure the team is efficiently handling incoming call volume and voicemail callbacks, provides resources and information, and schedules appointments for various departments supported by PRC. Provides a positive internal and external customer service experience at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a lead to the Pet Resource Center Specialists. Assist with training and directing the team in day-to-day operations. Handle Tier 1 customer escalations as necessary, settle disputes involving the public and employee concerns.
- Assist with keeping all training materials up to date and in line with the expectations of both the AHS and the PRC mission statements.
- Create and maintain employee's schedules & task assignments. Monitor and approve employee timecards.
- Maintain a positive PRC workplace that encourages team to develop as individuals and as a team. Encourage a culture of community and relationship building as employees speak to callers about their pets.
- Assist with maintaining PRC manuals and SOPs to ensure information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform all duties of a PRC Specialist, including: answer inbound phone calls in a timely, courteous, compassionate, and professional manner; provide accurate information and resources regarding services provided by AHS departments which the PRC supports; schedule appointments for surrenders, owner-requested euthanasia, and others per PRC expansions.
- Maintain cleanliness of PRC as well as stock supplies, forms, and collateral. Assure all safety equipment is available and in the correct working condition.
- Assist leadership with tasks such as interviewing and hiring, employee counseling and documentation, performance evaluations, and corrective action per AHS guidelines.
- Interact with and assist other department Coordinators, Supervisors and personnel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, or comparable work experience preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a customer service or call center position required. Prior supervisory experience in a customer service or call center environment preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- 6 months to one year experience at AHS or in an animal welfare environment preferred.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Position requires proficiency in Chameleon software, CAMs and Infinity scheduling software, or the ability to learn/use all of the software.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance and punctuality is required. Access to reliable transportation required. Position requires above average clerical skills, including legible handwriting, spelling and grammar, as well as strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Position requires the ability to work under stressful and fast-paced conditions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
Thank you for your interest with the Arizona Humane Society. We are Arizona's largest, private non-profit, animal shelter. We hire individuals with a passion to do a great job, and that have a compassion to help all animals.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of the hiring department will be considered for an interview.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.