Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Bottle Baby ICU Vet Tech
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide care and treatment for neonatal kittens. Bottle feed kittens, track feeding and care activities, and ensure kittens are kept warm and thriving. Will guide and lead volunteers who are assisting. Duties may include caring for other animals at the shelter and related duties as assigned. 5:30p-4:30a, Sun-Tues off. Seasonal until approximately October.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform bottle feeding, cleaning, burping and all necessary care for neonatal kittens.
- Administer treatments identified by AHS personnel as prescribed.
- Assist in training volunteers or AHS employees as needed.
- Keep Bottle Baby ICU clean and orderly; restock supplies as needed.
- Complete and maintain tracking of activity and records.
- Clean and disinfect kennels if needed.
- Make sound decisions while independently caring for animals.
- Follow departmental procedures for euthanasia including administration of drugs.
- Answer emergency phone calls from fosters and provide assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Completion of Veterinary Technician program or 6 months experience in a veterinary hospital/clinic required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience feeding kittens or puppies. Must love kittens and demonstrate safe and humane handling while caring for them.
- Comfortable working overnight alone, able to work with volunteers. Self-starter who can perform and make a positive impact without direct supervision.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Proficient with windows computer systems. Able to learn programs such as Chameleon (software used with animals in a shelter environment and enter information accurately and completely).
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance. Access to reliable transportation. The person in this position will interact with hospital staff and other shelter personnel.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, animal noises, odor and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
Thank you for your interest with the Arizona Humane Society. We are Arizona's largest, private non-profit, animal shelter. We hire individuals with a passion to do a great job, and that have a compassion to help all animals.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of the hiring department will be considered for an interview.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.