Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you interested in a career that makes a direct impact right in your own community? Arizona's Children Association is seeking a Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant to join the team in our Surprise office. As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will have the opportunity to directly support our medical providers, medical clinic management functions, and other administrative duties as assigned. **English/Spanish Biligual Required**
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Maintains reliable attendance and punctuality to provide stability in serving clients.
* Creates and maintains medical clinic records in a timely manner, according to standards and requirements.
* Completes all medical clinic scheduling as needed
* Follows up with client/guardian on missed appointments and re-schedules as necessary.
* Assists medical providers by taking vital signs and documenting appropriate in the electronic health record
* Completes Primary Care Provider (PCP) Notification forms to communicate changes in medications, diagnoses, lab work, etc.
* Assists with ensuring all lab work is ordered and received as requested by the medical provider.
* Completes medication prior authorization requests and coordinates with pharmacy as appropriate
* Uses AZ CSPMP website to check all patients with controlled medications prescriptions before appointments or before communicating requested refills to the medical providers
* Provide documentation of education in an accredited Medical Assistant program. Eligible for national certification.
* Minimum 2 yrs experience in medical office procedures
* English/Spanish Bilingual
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer