Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. Serving all 15 counties in Arizona, we are committed to living our mission of Protecting Children, Empowering Youth, Strengthening Families. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who all share the same desire: to make a difference in the lives of the more than 40,000 children, youth, and families we serve each year.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- 8 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
Find your passion. Join our Team!
Essential Job Functions:
As a Clinician I at AzCA in our Maryvale office, you will be responsible for the clinical evaluation and assessment of clients and their family’s situation, provide group and/or individual therapy, either in the client’s home or at the agency depending on program and/or assignment; maintain clinical files and complete required progress reports. You will also work with school programs, referral agencies and other outside resources.
- Conducts a full and ongoing assessment utilizing the program specific protocol, including verbal and written diagrams, summarizes central issues, themes and agreements reached, develops operational problem definition, assess structural functioning of individual in relationship to environment/milieu/family, conducts thorough child/family strengths and needs assessment.
- Builds rapport and credibility simultaneously with varying individuals, family members, populations, stakeholders, and community members. Relates to variety of individuals with professionalism, warmth, empathy, acceptance and humor.
- Develops and implements successful trauma informed intervention including identifying the treatment method, collaboratively establish treatment plans that identify issues, goals and measurable objectives that are achievable in a reasonable time frame, interventions/strategies that address the assessment issues, and maintains timely progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives.
- Plans for client treatment discharge/termination including establishing treatment plans that addresses projected length of care and discharge criteria, helping the family plan and prepare for discharge needs, maintaining progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives. Makes follow-up referral as needed.
- Conducts educational activities to promote client understanding of the impact of trauma, treatment issues including medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
- Interacts professionally, clearly and in a timely manner with internal and external customers, other community professionals including staffing meetings, providing consultation or advocacy representing AzCA as a trauma informed agency.
- Conducts public education including making well prepared presentations, communicates clearly and comfortably, presents information in an attention grabbing and interesting manner, and engages audience as appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer.