Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinician II BH
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you enjoy making a difference in family’s lives? Are you looking for a flexible career with benefits? You may be the perfect candidate for our Clinician II position at Arizona’s Children Association. We are looking for someone who is creative, adaptable, and enthusiastic to provide home-based behavioral health therapy services to children and their families. The perfect candidate for this position would exhibit strong professional communication skills, computer skills, and documentation skills. The perfect candidate would also be able to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
Arizona’s Children Association provides benefits including 403b, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance options, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
This position requires a Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or a related field. Associate level or Independent Level Licensure preferred but not required. Bi-lingual skills also beneficial but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for clinical evaluation and assessment of clients and their family’s situation. Provide group and/or individual therapy, either in the client’s home or at the agency depending on program and/or assignment; maintain clinical files and complete required progress reports. Work and cooperate with school programs, referral agencies and other outside resources.
- Conducts a full and ongoing assessment utilizing the program specific protocol, including verbal and written diagrams, summarizes central issues, themes and agreements reached, develops operational problem definition, assess structural functioning of individual in relationship to environment/milieu/family, conducts thorough child/family strengths and needs assessment.
- Engages the child/ family collaboratively in order to create safety and stability for each family member.
- Builds rapport and credibility simultaneously with varying individuals, family members, populations, stakeholders, and community members. Relates to variety of individuals with professionalism, warmth, empathy, acceptance and humor.
- Develops and implements successful trauma informed intervention including identifying the treatment method, collaboratively establish treatment plans that identify issues, goals and measurable objectives that are achievable in a reasonable time frame, interventions/strategies that address the assessment issues, and maintains timely progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives.
- Provides effective trauma informed crisis management according to program guidelines (within each program/specialty).
- Plans for client treatment discharge/termination including establishing treatment plans that addresses projected length of care and discharge criteria, helping the family plan and prepare for discharge needs, maintaining progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives. Makes follow-up referral as needed.
- Conducts educational activities to promote client understanding of the impact of trauma, treatment issues including medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
- Establishes team commitment to common goals and an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
- Maintains clinical records in a timely manner according to standards and requirements.
- Maintains professional boundaries and ethics specific to the agency and particular professional certification.
- Interacts professionally, clearly and in a timely manner with internal and external customers, other community professionals including staffing meetings, providing consultation or advocacy representing AzCA as a trauma informed agency.
- Conducts public education including making well prepared presentations, communicates clearly and comfortably, presents information in an attention grabbing and interesting manner, and engages audience as appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Associate License
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer