Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Resources Specialist I
at Arizona's Children Association
Family Resources Specialist position open within Arizona’s Children Association Florence Site to work directly with children and families in our high needs program. We are looking for dynamic, energetic individuals with a special talent for connecting with kids and families with acute needs.
The Family Resources Specialist is responsible for providing behavior management support and training to clients and families. Position assesses the family’s need for support, training and additional services; acts as the program liaison to community and provider agencies; and provides crisis intervention as assigned for high needs clients.
- Develops and implements successful behavior management techniques for clients with high acuity needs.
- Addresses behaviors and works with parents and caregivers to implement long term behavioral management techniques.
- Maintains timely progress notes that reflect movement towards client goals.
- Provides effective crisis management, to include following the program triage protocol and treatment methods, responding in a timely manner, providing for follow-up care, assessing and providing appropriate responses, and handling the situation calmly for clients with high acuity behaviors.
- Provides or arranges for transportation of clients to appointments as necessary (if applicable).
- Designs "behavioral contracts" with clients and families as necessary.
- Plans for client discharge/termination, including helping the family plan and prepare and close coordination with treatment team on acute safety needs.
- Conducts educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment issues.
- Links families to community resources.
- Maintains clinical records in a timely manner following agency standards.
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Associates degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent experience (3 years) preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in the behavioral health field with children, preferred.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer