Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Would you like to join an agency working towards a brighter future for the children and families of Arizona? Arizona’s Children Association is seeking a qualified and motivated Grants Manager to join the team in our Central Phoenix office.
As the Grants Manager, you will be a key member of our Development team and have the opportunity to help advance our mission of Protecting Children, Empowering Youth, and Strengthening Families by creating and executing a grants strategy for our statewide non-profit. This will include researching, writing, and coordinating of grants and grant reports in coordination with the Development team and key program staff. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and will be passionate about the mission of AzCA and our programs, and be able to effectively communicate the important role our agency plays in building a stronger Arizona. They should also be self-motivated, able to manage multiple ongoing projects and meet important deadlines.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
· Employee Assistance Program
· Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
· 403B Retirement Savings Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
· Coordination and implementation of all grants activity by preparing well-written grant proposals, letters of intent/request, cover letters complying grantor standards and requirements, and persuasively communicating AzCA’s mission and programs for potential funders
· Assists with writing follow-up correspondence, acknowledgement letters, interim, and final reports as well as creating donor profiles
· Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new and existing prospects for grant proposals
· Monitors and maintains an on-going and evolving pipeline of pending proposals of public and private funding agencies and RFPs
· Confers with development team, program staff and Grants Committee regarding appropriate programs for grant requests and final review and approval prior to submission
· Manages tracking systems for grant submissions, letters of inquiry, proposal timelines, reports and materials through adherence with the grants calendar to meet deadlines and fulfill funder requirements
· Maintains Grants Calendar tracking of all deadlines for grants submissions and reports in order to ensure all funder deadlines are met and all funder requirements are fulfilled
· Monitors all grants activity on a regular basis to ensure that revenue goals are achieved
· Manages tracking systems for all grant-related actions, including prospect research, letters of inquiry, applications/proposals, and response data, entering information into development database Raiser’s Edge
· Works with program staff to compile additional documentation, such as budgets and program plans
· Notifies responsible program staff of grants received and report deadlines, coordinates grant report activity with relevant programs and other internal departments, as applicable, in order to submit reports per funder guidelines and deadlines.
· Provides support to the leadership team and key staff for meetings with donors.
· Participates in annual fundraising, planning and goal setting processes.
· Remains current with philanthropic trends and recent government, corporate and foundation grant making.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
· 2 years working in fundraising, grants writing and/or grants management
· Demonstrates a history of successful grants and reports for non-profits, foundations, corporations, and government agencies in a mid-to-large non-profit environment
· Experience with donor management software, preferably Raiser’s Edge
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement)
· Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy
· Must be able to provide own transportation to and from other relevant organizations/agencies.
· Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
· Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
· An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer