Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Independent Living Specialist II - Bilingual
at Arizona's Children Association
Would you like to ensure that every Arizona family has the resources and support needed to be safe, strong, and resilient? Would you like to join us in building a stronger Arizona for children and families? As a Bilingual Independent Living Specialist with Arizona's Children Association, that's what you'll do everyday. You will have the opportunity to assist young adults in the transition from foster care to an independent, sustainable living environment. In support of the clients transition, you will assist young adults in gaining and sustaining employment, accessing personal and community resources, providing life skills training and support, to meet both client and contractual service requirements, in a manner that is culturally responsive, strengths based and trauma informed.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Schedule
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Maintain contact with young adults, collateral persons and agencies to assist young adults to develop and maintain life skills and accomplish goals established, per contractual service requirements.
* Collaborate with young adult client to develop goals and service plan activities using a strength based, trauma informed approach.
* Effectively and collaboratively monitor progress and provide resources and tools as needed.
* Provide individual support and services focusing on life skills development, including tutoring, transportation, individual education, and activities.
* Develop and facilitate trainings and workshops, providing skill development options focusing on issues common to adolescents preparing for independent living. This includes exploration and skill building in self-esteem, goal setting, healthy relations, broad vocational and career issues, safety, and emotional preparation for adulthood.
* If applicable, may assist young adults to develop and maintain a contract with Department of Child Safety when eligible.
* Assist young adults in developing and accessing scholarships and grants for ongoing education and training.
* Complete and provide required monthly, quarterly and annual data reports in accordance with established program and contract standards.
* Represent AzCA as a trauma informed agency while staffing cases, participating in meetings, providing consultation and advocating on behalf of young adults.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum of 1 year experience working with adolescents or young adults.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* BILINGUAL: English / Spanish
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer