Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intake Client Records Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Are you looking for a career with an organization making an impact right in your own community? Arizona’s Children Association is looking for an Intake Client Records Specialist to join the team in our Phoenix office. As an Intake Client Records Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of the initial intake process for the outpatient programs Behavioral Health Programs, including gathering data, performing financial screening and coordinating services.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403b Retirement Savings Plan
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Answer incoming and/or make outgoing calls to/from stakeholders, referral sources and new patients for the purpose of determining eligibility and scheduling new patient intake appointments in a fast paced, high volume call center environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task, operate multiple web based systems simultaneously, access and comprehend information to determine eligibility and/or insurance coverage, and perform data entry with a high level of accuracy.
* Verify requested services are contractually covered, by validating all client eligibility via AHCCCS, RBHA, Insurance companies, etc., and reconciling eligibility/insurance coverage discrepancies.
* Create, update and access confidential client data in company Electronic Health Record with a high level of confidentiality and accuracy.
* Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, including but not limited to notifying clinical staff of new patient appointments
* Communicates accurately, clearly, and professionally in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner. While practicing active listening skills.
* Understands and maintains private and sensitive information within the confines of need-to-know parameters.
* Notifies supervisor of crisis situations, unusual incidents, and/or on-going problems within appropriate timelines (including reports to Department of Child Safety).
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement)
* Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
* High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate's level preferred
* Two years or more of high volume/fast paced call center experience
* Experience with insurance verification, referrals, prior authorization or eligibility experience preferred
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Microsoft Office experience which includes Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
* Requires strong customer service skills
* Excellent critical thinking skills
* Requires great attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
* Must be able to provide and maintain DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* May be required to travel for program and agency required meetings.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer