Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you enjoy making a difference in family’s lives? Are you looking for a flexible career with benefits? You may be the perfect candidate for our Intake Clinician position at Arizona’s Children Association. We are looking for someone who is adaptable, and enthusiastic to complete intake assessments for children and their families. The perfect candidate for this position would exhibit strong clinical skills, professional communication skills, computer skills, and documentation skills. The perfect candidate would also be able to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
Arizona’s Children Association provides benefits including 403b, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance options, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
This position requires a Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or a related field. Associate level or Independent Level Licensure preferred but not required. Bi-lingual skills also beneficial but not required.
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment and makes treatment recommendations, summarizes primary presenting issues, identifies child/family strengths, and formulates a diagnosis based on this initial interview.
* Builds rapport and credibility simultaneously with varying member/age groups. Relates to variety of individuals with warmth, empathy, acceptance and humor.
* Develops interim service plans that identify the next steps taken after intake by the provider and person/family, and what issues are to be addressed for ongoing assessment.
* Provides effective crisis assessment including the following of program triage protocol, arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as indicated by protocol, provides for follow-up, normalizes situation, discusses options and handles situation calmly.
* If no behavioral health problem exists, refers client to an appropriate community resource.
* Conducts educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment services, including therapy, behavior management, psychiatric evaluations, medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
* Performs duties with knowledge and skill in group processes, establishes group commitment to common goals, establishes an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
* Performs duties using knowledge and skill in assessment and diagnosis utilizing DSM-IV criteria.
* Understands human development and family life cycle in children and families and demonstrates application of this knowledge in assessment and diagnosis.
* Maintains clinical records in a timely manner according to standards.
* Attends all intake department staff meetings, participates in process of improving admissions procedures, and in assessing quality and effectiveness of intake services.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Master Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Arizona Licensure (LISAC, LMSW, etc) highly preferred
* Arizona state license/certification required.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Able to operate common office equipment and have word processing computer skills.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer