Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for ensuring every Arizona family has the resources and support needed to be safe, strong, and resilient? Would you like to join us in building a stronger Arizona for children and families? Arizona Children’s Association is currently looking to add an Intake Clinician to our team in Maryvale! In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of the initial assessment of clients and their family situation for intake into the respective behavioral health program, including interviewing, gathering data for a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, making a clinical diagnosis, and completing the interim service plan.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Schedule
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
Essential Job Functions:
* Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment and makes treatment recommendations, summarizes primary presenting issues, identifies child/family strengths, and formulates a diagnosis based on this initial interview.
* Provide group and/or individual therapy, either in the client’s home or at the agency depending on program and/or assignment; maintain clinical files and complete required progress reports.
* Reviews behavioral health documentation produced by BHT’s and provides feedback to BHT staff when necessary.
* Develops interim service plans that identify the next steps taken after intake by the provider and person/family, and what issues are to be addressed for ongoing assessment.
* Provides effective crisis assessment including the following of program triage protocol, arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as indicated by protocol, provides for follow-up, normalizes situation, discusses options and handles situation calmly.
* Conducts educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment services, including therapy, behavior management, psychiatric evaluations, medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
* Performs duties with knowledge and skill in group processes, establishes group commitment to common goals, and establishes an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
* Performs duties using knowledge and skill in assessment and diagnosis utilizing DSM-IV criteria.
* Understands human development and family life cycle in children and families and demonstrates application of this knowledge in assessment and diagnosis.
Minimum Education & Experience:
* Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Arizona Licensure (LISAC, LMSW, etc) preferred.
o Unlicensed will be considered if eligible and agrees to become licensed
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer