Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mentor Match Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for working with young adults? Are you looking for a career where you can make an impact right in your own community? We have a great opportunity for you to join our team as a Mentor Match Specialist to support Maricopa (East Valley) and Pinal Counties.
As a Mentor Match Specialist with Arizona's Children Association you will have the opportunity to provide support and case management services to volunteer mentors and their mentees, young adults preparing to transition out of foster care, according to program protocols. You will also supervise match relationships to ensure success, coordinate program logistics, and facilitate initial as well as ongoing training for the mentors. As the Mentor Match Specialist, you will also be responsible for administering evaluation tools, documenting services provided, and reporting activities to the Volunteer Services Manager.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
- Maintains contact with mentee, mentor, collateral persons and agencies on a regular basis.
- Provides supervision and support to mentors and mentees at a minimum one time per month.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings to identify and resolve system issues.
- Develops and monitors problem solving strategies with staff and parents/guardian when needed.
- Maintains mentor and mentee records and documentation in compliance with agency requirements.
- Oversees match relationship, including screening, training, matching and supporting the development and implementation of the match.
- Participates in media events and provider interviews promoting program services and mentor recruitment strategies.
- Provide information to mentees and mentors about community resources and services.
- Coordinate quarterly workshops and/or outings for matches.
- Develop training and skills development options for mentors.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with adolescents or young adults
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
- Volunteer management and/or mentoring experience preferred.
- Must be available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm and work some evening and weekends.
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to provide CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer