Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resource Family Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts the lives of children right in your own community? Would you like to work towards a brighter future for children and families in Arizona? As a Resource Family Specialist with Arizona’s Children Association, you will have the opportunity to do that every time you come to work.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year.
Arizona's Children Association offers a flexible schedule with generous time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement, a company provided computer and cell phone and more!
As a Resource Family Specialist with Arizona’s Children Association, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families. You will have the opportunity to license foster homes, certifying adoptive families and completing assessments for referred families.
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Assists families with completing paperwork for home study processes.
* Writes comprehensive studies about interested families, evaluating skills and appropriateness for kinship placement, foster care licensure and/or adoption.
* Monitors homes ensuring licensing standards, state laws and regulatory requirements are being met.
* Maintains timely and accurate client records in compliance with AzCA and governmental requirements.
* May assist or be responsible for training for adoptive, foster care of kinship families.
* May assist or be responsible for writing recruitment plans and implementing or participating in recruitment activities.
* May assist with coordinating the sharing of information for adoption matching procedures for children and families.
* May assist or be responsible for facilitating support groups and/or orientation.
* Prepares summaries for reporting requirements.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Must have a minimum of two year of related Child Welfare experience.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and electronic medical records.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer