Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resource Family Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you want to make a positive impact in your community? Would you like to build a stronger Arizona for children and families? As a Resource Family Specialist with Arizona's Children Association that's what you'll do every day. This is a Licensing Specialist position working with foster families and the foster children in their homes. We write additionally write Adoption Certifications and match families with children to adopt.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Assists families with completing paperwork for home study processes.
* Writes comprehensive studies about interested families, evaluating skills and appropriateness for kinship placement, foster care licensure and/or adoption.
* Monitors homes ensuring licensing standards, state laws and regulatory requirements are being met.
* Maintains timely and accurate client records in compliance with AzCA and governmental requirements.
* May assist or be responsible for training for adoptive, foster care of kinship families.
* May assist or be responsible for writing recruitment plans and implementing or participating in recruitment activities.
* May assist with coordinating the sharing of information for adoption matching procedures for children and families.
* May assist or be responsible for facilitating support groups and/or orientation.
* Prepares summaries for reporting requirements.
* Participates in AzCA program and statewide committees as assigned.
* Must be able to safely and effectively monitor consumer activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Performs other duties as assigned which are consistent with the general responsibilities of the position.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Must have a minimum of two year of related Child Welfare experience.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and electronic medical records.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer