Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for making a difference in your community? Would you like to make a positive impact on youth? The Arizona's Children Association Thrive Mentor Program is designed to aid foster care youth who currently reside in group homes, foster homes, respite homes, kinship homes, residential treatment centers, and transitional living placements located throughout the state. We provide skills and support to more than 1,000 youth and young adults in their transition into independence each year by assisting them in gaining skills for self-sufficiency.
As a Volunteer Mentor with Arizona's Children Association, you will serve as a positive role model, providing support, encouragement, educational assistance, life skills, and career counseling to program participants. You will be matched with a youth at age 17, who participate in young adult services within our agency and has expressed interest in having a mentor.
*The volunteer mentor position is completely voluntary. We do not reimburse for mileage or outings. On a quarterly basis we will host events for all matches.*
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend and perform functions from written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must have ability to exhibit mature judgment and emotional stability.
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Minimum 1 year experience working with the teen population
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Able to operate common office equipment and have word processing computer skills.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer