Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Mechanic Phoenix
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Job Reference #: 1613
Openings as of 3/18/2019
- Bus Mechanic- Phoenix 1613 JobID: 1613
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Bus Mechanic
- Date Posted:
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES: |
• Perform all phases of vehicle repair including engine, transmission, drive train, and
electrical on both school buses and Agency vehicles
• Document all phases of preventative and daily maintenance programs on vehicles
• Attend relevant training/workshops to keep up to date and apply new knowledge to
• Individual positions may be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or
other related duties
• Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit.
• Principles and practices of administration and management.
• Agency or program rules, regulations, and operating procedures.
• Arizona Minimum Standards for School Buses
• Operating principles for all types of engines
• Safety procedures for using tools and equipment
• Equipment maintenance and repair
• Apply general rules to specific problems to produce a solution
• Communicate information and ideas effectively so others will understand
• See details at a close range
• Must be able to pass FBI and State background check.
• Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all Agency personnel that
drive on State business
• ASL(American Sign Language) skills if working with deaf staff/students
• Must pass post offer physical
• Experience and/or Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification, or combo of
training and experience that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.