Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Assistant Deaf/HH (Sub) Phoenix
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Job Reference #: 1653
Openings as of 8/3/2020
- Instructional Assistant Deaf/HH (Sub)-1653 Phoenix JobID: 1653
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Instructional Assistant Deaf/HH
- Date Posted:
School for the Deaf-Phoenix
- Individual positions may be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or other related duties
- Assist Teacher in the implementation of instructional objectives, behavioral strategies, and IEP (Individual Education Plan) goals.
- Under the guidance of the Teacher; tutor students in a variety of activities (academic subjects, daily life/social skills, etc.) in both individual and group settings.
- Monitor students in the use and care of equipment to prevent injuries
- Observe, record, and maintain student files per Federal, State, and Agency policies
- Provide Assistance in lifting and caring for students which may include toileting, feeding, and hygiene
- Transport students to and from activities/appointments when necessary
- Continue professional growth through training sessions/workshops
- Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit
- Principles and practices of administration and management
- Agency or program rules, regulations, and operating procedures
- Instructional methods and learning strategies
- Behavior management techniques
- Computer programs/software and office equipment relevant to position
- Monitoring/assessing performance
- Augmentative communication
- Time management
- Organization and planning
- Communicate information and ideas effectively so that others will understand
- Work with minimal supervision
- Operate AT equipment
- Reach, stoop, bend, and lift
- Operate office equipment
- Must be able to pass FBI and State background check
- Defensive Driver Training program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on State business
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree OR completion of 60 units of college coursework OR a valid Paraprofessional certification
- Current Arizona Driver’s License
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Crisis Intervention Training certifications or ability to obtain within required timeline.
- ASL (American Sign Language) skills if working with students/staff who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Braille skills if working with students who are blind/visually impaired.
|INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT (DEAF/HH)|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES: |
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.