Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Life Skills HS
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Openings as of 7/9/2020
- Teacher Life Skills HS-1941 JobID: 1941
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
School for the Deaf-Phoenix
|TEACHER LIFE SKILLS (HS) SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021|
| ESSENTIAL DUTIES: |
• Provide quality instruction to students
• Prepare daily lesson plans
• Evaluate student’s skills to determine the best program of learning
• Write and implement Individual Education Plans (IEP)
• All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Arizona Academic Standards
• Current educational and diagnostic practices as they apply to educating sensory impaired students
• Lesson plan and Individual Education Plan development
• Student evaluation practices
• Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit
• Principles and practices of administration and management
• Agency or program rules, regulations and operating procedures
• Behavior management
• Planning and organization
• Program development
• Student evaluation
• Communicate effectively with students, staff, and public
• Instruct students to retain information
• Complete student evaluation
• Develop lesson plans
• Work cooperatively in teams
• College/University Degree in Education with coursework specific to sensory impairments
• State of Arizona Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement for each position (Teacher O&M requires ACVREP Certification in lieu of ADE certification)
• Secondary teaching positions must possess the necessary coursework as required by Department of Education.
• Must be able to pass FBI and State background check
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.