Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director and Grant Writer
at ASU Foundation
ASU Foundation - Assistant Director and Grant Writer
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
Atthe direction of the ExecutiveDirector of Development, the grant writer is responsiblefor building and maintaining dedicated, productive relationships with portfolioof corporations and foundations, maintaining a robust prospect research effortto identify and qualify new organizational prospects and writing successfulproposals and supporting materials to private foundations andcorporations. The grant writeralso works collaboratively with College of Liberal Arts and Sciences faculty,staff, and development colleagues and in coordination with the central Officeof Corporate and Foundation Relations to write, edit, review, and prepareproposals for final submission to philanthropic funders.
What you'll to:
· Develop effective and compelling grant materials, proposals, casestatements, conceptual plans, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, progressand stewardship reports, and other corporate and foundation communications
· Research and analyze information and data for proposal development
· Work with Research and Prospect Management (RPM) to produce profiles ofcorporate and foundation prospects including: history and background,organizational leadership, financial capacity, philanthropic priorities/givingpatterns and ASU affiliations
· Meet with internal and external constituents to develop and implementcorporate and foundation strategies
· Create and disseminate a pipeline of applicable rfp’s among researchadvancement staff, faculty and researchers at the university
· Work with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Research Initiativesoffice to determine translational proposal opportunities for philanthropicgrants
· Prepare forms, attachments and other collateral material for proposals
· Prepare customized proposals according to each corporation’s and foundation’sguidelines
· Create customized budgets and develop project summaries for use in thefield and in reporting
· Coordinate successful proposals with appropriate personnel anddepartments
· Apply for renewal grants
· Administer the acknowledgement letter and grant agreement process
· Maintain all hard and electronic files for all donors and potentialdonors
· Prepare presentations and other written materials for events related todonors and potential donors
· Maintain an active, current body of knowledge relative to the College ofLiberal Arts and Sciences
· Oversee the development of a library of commonly-required data essentialto effective grant-writing
· Perform other editorial assignments and projects as assigned
What you'll need:
· Demonstrated experience in grant or proposal writing with a track record of success in securing large gifts from corporations and foundations
· Ability to synthesize complex ideas into coherent, compelling proposals seeking major philanthropic support from foundations and corporations
· Excellent proofreading and editing skills and precise attention to detail
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to foundation and university business and confidential prospect information
· Ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies in an academic community
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Understanding of the unique nature of corporate and foundation philanthropy as it relates to higher education
· Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Ability to represent the institution well
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as a New American University
· Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
· Ability to learn appropriate levels of information about a broad range of academic disciplines and interdisciplinary areas
· Knowledge of all facets of the proposal development process, including prospect identification, project research, proposal creation, and budget development
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, English or related field, AND four years of related writing experience. Strong preference for individuals with proposal or grant writing experience.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the grant writer position, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer