Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Security Engineer
at ASU Foundation
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
ASU Research Enterprise (ASURE)
ASUREis a private non-profit organization affiliated with ASU’s applied research,development and consulting activities for the U.S. Department of Defense andother intelligence agencies. In particular, ASURE connects faculty whoseexpertise in sustainability, law, engineering, business, the sciences, designand other fields can create and sustain safety and security at home and abroad.
Arizona State University Research Enterprise (ASURE)is an independent not-for-profit organization focused on applied research anddevelopment programs/projects. Affiliated with the ASU Foundation for A New American University and ArizonaState University, ASURE conducts advanced technology development andrestricted-access programs for the military, defense and security industry.
The Systems Security Engineer (SSE) provides highlytechnical delivery order expertise and technical guidance in solving complexhardware/software system security engineering problems. The SSE provides technical support of allphases of hardware/software design analysis, development, integration andimplementation and is capable of determining appropriate use of technologies insolving engineering problems. As amember of the engineering team, the System Security Engineer supports all phases of systemdevelopment and support for project execution.
What you'll do:
· Develop and implement advanced cyber defense solutions and changes fororganizations, safeguard the corporate infrastructure from infiltrations ofexfiltration, and will assure that the system is built to specification and isdeployed successfully. Design, maintain, and operate highly complex and highsecure communications network environments. Perform in-depth network securityanalysis, and conduct preliminary incident response, event analysis, and threatintelligence. Review security events that could be a detriment to the organization’soverall security stance.
· Assists in the development of program required security documentation incompliance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include; security plans,test plans, continuity plans.
· Supports the generation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A),Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for the program.
· Conducts or supports the conduct of execution of Assessment andAuthorization (A&A), Certification and Accreditation (C&A) relatedactivities.
· Conducts or supports the conduct of security testing to demonstrateproper implementation of security requirements.
· Executes security scanning and conducts analysis of scan results.
· Be a clear and enthusiastic communicator to customers, users, andproject teams to define, analyze, and meet project goals.
· Coordinate acrossdesign, development, test, program management, and customer representatives,creating a collaborative environment that focuses on the big picture whilebeing a technical spokesperson for our organization, conveying insight andconfidence.
· Have a backgroundin information security systems.
· Proactivelyidentify and mitigate risks and define reasonable trade space from which theteam can operate
· Proactivelydetermine use cases and requirements, define your own tasks, and execute withlittle oversight
· Support anddevelop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious,friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superioruser-centered design
· Other Duties as assigned
What you'll need:
· Possess experiencein the U.S. Government, DoD, Cyber Community systems/hardware/softwaredevelopment.
· Demonstratedtechnical and technical team leadership.
· Collaborativestyle, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
· Ability to maintain ahigh degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information relatedto ASURE business and confidential information.
· Strong andcollegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively inperson, in writing, and by phone.
· Ability to workboth independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to accomplishprogram goals despite obstacles, ambiguity, changing requirements, and afast-paced environment.
· Must possessdemonstrated experience in operational Cyber Security accreditation and certificationof embedded systems.
· Must fullyunderstand DoD 8500.1 and .2, AR 25-2, and the DoD Risk Management Framework.
· Must be able toprepare recommended IA approval and supporting information documentation andunderstand systems engineering processes and possess Network Security Architectexperience.
· Must be familiarwith the National and DoD standards guiding the development of cybersecuritypolicy, requirements, integration, engineering, and certification andaccreditation.
· Must have theknowledge to perform security, analyses and risk/vulnerability assessments.
· Must possess theability to coordinate certification and accreditation activity for a projectteam.
Bachelor’s degreein systems, computer, electrical, software engineering, or a related field isrequired with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience. Will require a current SecretClearance and must possess CISSP or CISM Certification.
Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
The ASURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer