Canyon State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Specialist (Indirect Lending)
at Canyon State Credit Union
Are you looking for an opportunity to let your skills shine? Come join the team at Deer Valley Credit Union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. With only 75 employees, we are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. At Deer Valley Credit Union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As a Loan Specialist you will:
- Process loan applications from a variety of sources.
- Interview loan applicants to document income/employment, debt, and credit history.
- Inform applicants of loan denial or acceptance.
- Inform applicants of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and title fees.
- Calls applicant or other vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Fund indirect dealer contracts while meeting loan officer approval conditions.
- Effectively communicate with dealer representatives to resolve funding issues.
- Ensure compliance of all lending and credit union policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Cross-sell credit union services to members and potential members.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute - Demonstrate the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation - Keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and credit union wide goals and be able to prioritize and collaborate with others to achieve success.
A Service Focus - Demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Build constructive working relationships characterized by cooperation, collaboration, and mutual respect. Personify DVCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative - Motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Display energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Wants to get in on the ground floor and create something from scratch. A bit of an entrepreneurial spirit goes a long way in our environment.
Eye for Quality - Take responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Flexibility - The ability to excel in a high stress environment, adapt to changing business needs and work priorities needs is a must. Develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for servicing credit union members and projecting a positive image as representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Requires excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills, ability to listen to members’ needs and promote appropriate credit union products and services.
- Ability to communicate over the phone including complaint resolution, settling disputes, resolving grievances and conflicts, and otherwise negotiating with others.
- Requires judgment to solve day-to-day problems but usually within established guidelines.
- Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education or general education degree (GED). Some post-secondary education preferred.
- 6 months - 2 years of similar experience.
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1971. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1971, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
Please visit our career portal to apply.