Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
$14- $16.50 Bilingual Teacher 1 - Early Head Start - Mesa (25324)
at Child Crisis Arizona
Calling all individuals that want to make a difference in a child’s life. At Child Crisis Arizona, we believe that every single child matters. Child Crisis Arizona provides emergency shelter, foster care, adoption, counseling, early education, home visitation, and parenting support services to Arizona’s most vulnerable children and their families.
Our Teacher 1 has the primary responsibility of providing our children with a nurturing, supportive, learning environment.
A day in the life of our Teacher 1:
- Provides support to the Teacher II in the classroom assigned. Establishing consistent rules and behavioral expectations and conveying them clearly and consistently by using positive guidance methods.
- Assisting the Teacher II in maintaining a consistent yet flexible daily schedule where routines are established which enable children to predict events and develop a basic sense of trust.
- Recognizing and allowing for individual differences in development and abilities when assisting in the planning of activities and learning experiences.
- Promoting problem solving through open-ended questions and suggestions.
- Actively engaging in the process of mealtimes including table preparation, serving, eating with the children, and cleaning up after meals.
- Continually observing and documenting children’s progress, growth and development.
- Completing all required forms and assigned paperwork.
- Assist Teacher II with CACFP mealtime documentation.
Our Teacher 1 must meet the following requirements:
- Child Development Associates Credential or equivalent
- 1+ year of related experience
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood or related field with a minimum of 12 credits related to infant/toddler development, OR unrelated Associates Degree with 120 hours of formal early education training covering ages 0-3 and 480 hours of professional experience in a 0-3 age group setting
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to have a career with a non-profit with programs that hold a 5-star rating? Come join our team by being our next Teacher I and enjoy medical, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, 10 paid holidays a year, and a generous PTO (paid time off) plan.
Our Teacher’s make a huge difference in the lives of our kids! Join our team and it will change your life too!