Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
$16-$19/hr Bilingual - Preschool Teacher 2 - Phoenix (25328)
at Child Crisis Arizona
Child Crisis Arizona is seeking a qualified Bilingual Preschool Teacher II to join our team to further our mission of protecting Arizona's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect, and to help build strong families. The Bilingual Preschool Teacher II works collaboratively with other department staff and stakeholders and reports to the Early Education Manager. They are responsible for the general operations of the classroom as well as the supervision of the Teacher I.
- Serving as the primary caregiver in the classroom for 14 children with the assistance of Teacher I.
- Developing and posting a weekly classroom lesson plan, including challenging and appropriate activities which are responsible to children’s changing needs, interests and skills
- Developing an individualized plan for each child, including developmental as well as IEP goals
- Completing child-centered home visits for each enrolled child as required
- Completing parent-teacher conferences as required
- Speaking with children in a friendly, positive, courteous manner and listening to children with attention and respect
- Actively participating in and reinforcing children’s play
- Establishing consistent rules and behavioral expectations and conveying them clearly and consistently by using positive guidance methods
- Maintaining a consistent yet flexible daily schedule where routines are established which enable children to predict events and develop a basic sense of trust
- Observing children to modify and enrich the learning environment
- Supporting classroom goals as well as goals for individual children and ensuring that individual plans are consistently implemented
- Recognizing and allowing for individual differences in development and abilities when assisting in the planning of activities and learning experiences
- Encouraging responsibility and independence in children as they are ready
- Promoting problem solving through open-ended questions and suggestions
- Maintaining a clean and organized classroom
- Continually observing and documenting children’s progress, growth and development
- Completing all required forms and assigned paperwork
- Supervising staff with clear and respectful direction and feedback
We offer a full benefit package including: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, 10 holidays a year, a generous PTO (paid time off) plan, tuition assistance, and disability insurance.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood or related field
- 2+ years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct service delivery to preschool children
- Requires in-depth knowledge of child development
- Excellent organization, time management, written/verbal communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Bilingual - Spanish/English REQUIRED