Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST - Mesa - Full Time
at Child Crisis Arizona
• Follows agency guidelines and policies.
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all children, and maintains awareness of each child’s status at all times.
• Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with Agency staff and outside Agency contacts.
• Oversees the development of educational enrichment and support for children in care.
• Completes comprehensive educational and developmental screenings as necessary.
• Attends and participates in agency related meetings and trainings as appropriate.
• Maintains daily duties related to the educational and developmental needs of children in care.
• Develops and implements a curriculum for the preschool program including gross motor, fine motor, and cognitive activities in a child-oriented environment.
• Assists in the development and implementation of Toddler individualized and group developmental goals.
• Participates and contributes to ongoing information regarding each child’s cognitive and behavioral developmental needs.
• In coordination with Supervisors and Child Development Specialists, plans and implements Preschool enrichment outings.
• Coordinates daily coverage for staff and volunteers regarding participation in the preschool program.
• Provides guidance to Child Development Specialists related to their duties in the preschool classroom.
• Oversees the volunteers assigned to the tutoring program.
• Meets with teachers, maintains appropriate contact with other agency staff and team members, participates and attends IEP’s to ensure the success of children in the educational setting.
• Participates in ongoing professional education specifically related to the effects of child abuse and neglect upon children as assigned.
• Maintains records and provide monthly and quarterly tutor statistics as required.
• Facilitates Life Skills classes for Big Kids and Middlers.
• Coordinates with Program Specialist relating to life skills classes for school ages children.
• Keeps Shelter Manager informed of critical concerns and requests assistance as appropriate.
• Models Center’s expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Early Education or a related field
• 1 year relevant experience
• Infant-toddler experience a plus.
• Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a 5 year clean MVR and be able to be added to the Agency’s vehicle insurance policy.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Computer experience in a Windows environment required.