Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shelter Supervisor - MESA - 2pm-10pm TUESDAY through SATURDAY
at Child Crisis Arizona
CHILD CRISIS ARIZONA
TITLE: Shelter Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: Shelter Manager
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting in the efficient operation of the shelter services program including procedures, leadership, assistance, support and direction to all staff.
- Assists in the implementation of procedures and protocol for efficient program functioning and utilization.
- Ensures that assigned shift follows Agency guidelines and policies, monitors staff and records to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for assigned personnel activities in this program, including, but not limited to:
- Participate in interview and selection of employees
- Evaluation of employee performance
- Provides supervision of Child Development Specialists
- Attends and participates in Agency related meetings and trainings as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all children, and maintains awareness of each child’s status at all times.
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional relationships with Agency staff, and outside Agency contacts.
- Coordinates and directs Child Development Specialists to ensure quality of care and supervision to children.
- Participates in meetings, committees and trainings as appropriate.
- Maintains safety, security and supervision of children at all times in order to to protect the well-being of all children at the Agency.
- Assists with admission and discharge of children per Agency policies.
- Reports all emergencies, concerns of children and building needs to the appropriate parties.
- Build and maintain morale thus creating an atmosphere of problem solving and learning.
- Facilitates regular feedback, growth opportunities, and a structure for ongoing communication and collaboration.
- Advanced degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field and at least 2 years direct care experience in human services or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field and 4 years direct care experience in human services.
- Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least 1 year prior supervisory experience, preferably in a shelter or group home setting.
- Must have prior experience completing performance appraisals, facilitating disciplinary processes, providing coaching/feedback and interview/selection of candidates.
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s license, exhibit the ability to operate Agency vans and/or vehicles safely and be able to be added to Agency auto policy.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands are frequently utilized on a routine and ongoing basis, employee will engage in any and all activities with children in their care including but not limited to: Walking, jumping, running, bending, stooping, playing, sitting, swimming, climbing.
- Offsite activities that may include sporting events, fairs, the zoo, concerts, movies and shows.
Click Link to Apply