City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a Polygraph Examiner to prepare, administer, and evaluate polygraph examinations for pre-employment screening of Police employees, intra-departmental investigations, and criminal cases. Duties include performing routine maintenance on polygraph equipment, analyzing examination charts, and occasionally serving as an expert court witness. Polygraph Examiners also conduct tests for other jurisdictions, including out-of-state law enforcement agencies and court stipulated cases. Professional knowledge, previously attained techniques, polygraph skills and considerable good judgment must be exercised in all phases of examination and analysis.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 22. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$57,283 - $85,405 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions;Wellness incentive up to $720.00 annually, choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- Three years of experience in public safety investigative work.
- One year of experience administering polygraph examinations.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Three years of experience administering polygraph examinations, preferably in law enforcement.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual in Spanish.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are graduates of an accredited polygraph school approved or recognized by the American Polygraph Association (APA) or the American Association of Police Polygraphists (AAPP).
- Only the highest qualified will be invited to interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Polygraph Examiner, JC: 62830, ID# 31399, 04/07/19, 12 mos., DD, Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.