Colyar Technology Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Test Engineer II
at Colyar Technology Solutions
In the USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs, people matter.
That's why here at Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At CTS, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of technology - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. CTS brings together people, government, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
CTS is looking for a Test Engineer II to join our amazing team. Our mission is to analyze risk, explore unknowns, and give confidence to decision makers. Simply stated, quality is our passion.
- Oversee development of project test strategy
- Create, execute, and analyze manual test cases based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Create, execute, and analyze automated test cases based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Active participant in all scrum ceremony events (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and team retrospectives)
- Collaborate with developers in code reviews, design reviews, TDD, etc.
- Ensure that repeatable test cases are automated to improve test efficiency
- Perform various types of testing including functional, system integration, regression, and exploratory
- Accurately report defects that are found during testing
- Perform root cause analysis on critical, production defects
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with business stakeholders for projects, as needed
- Grow subject matter expertise with CTS systems and applications
- Create release certification reports for production release deploys
- Collaborate with other testers as needed on cross-functional projects
- Make recommendations to test leadership for improving existing processes, implementing new tools, etc.
- Follow CTS Test Engineering policies and processes in day-to-day tasks
Skills You Have…
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, Business, Engineering, or Mathematics and 2-3 years professional QA experience with test automation (3+ years professional QA experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle and core software testing concepts
- Capable of understanding software architectural concepts, workflows, etc.
- Experience with making testing decisions for small projects
- Experience with software development frameworks including agile Scrum, Kanban, XP, and Waterfall
- Proficient understanding of database concepts and ability to write simple to complex database queries
- Experience with functional, API, and services test automation is a plus
- Experience with Java or a similar programming language is a must
- Experience with test automation frameworks is a must
- Experience with Cypress.io is a plus
- Experience with creating technical documentation applicable to an agile development environment
- Excellent organizational, as well as, oral and written communication skills
- Capable of communicating with project team members, IT stakeholders, and other Test Engineering personnel
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a Scrum team environment is a must
- Capable of soliciting feedback from peers for purposes of self-awareness and self-improvement
- Experience in federally funded USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs is preferred
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance