Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Community Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Santa Cruz Apts. 3601 S. 16th Ave. Tucson, AZ 85713
Provides on-site support assistance to Community Manager in all areas of rental activity, office functions and resident relations. May be assigned direct line supervisory responsibility for specific tasks at the discretion of the Community Manager.
· Work requires the ability to function both inside and outside in all types of weather.
· Light to medium work that requires extensive standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping, crouching and lifting up to 20 pounds frequently.
· Requires the ability to communicate effectively (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). This skill/ability is important in work activities in which workers must impart or receive detailed information through oral or written communication.
Two-year verifiable experience in property Management in
Strong sales, administrative and customer service skills required.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
· REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
· Answer telephones using proper Tiempo procedures.
· Answer all questions that pertain to property and set appointments.
· Greet guests and qualify by using guest card. Tour models and explain amenities. Follow-up and thank yous to those who did not rent.
· Know and exercise Tiempo’s closing techniques. Take applications, collect deposit to hold, update rental books, process applications for Community Manager approval, and prepare move in folder.
· Inspect apartments prior to move in and report deficiencies to appropriate personnel and complete apartment inventories.
· Complete rental folders, leases, other necessary forms, and collect all rents and deposits with new residents.
· Daily inspection of models, do light dusting, remove fingerprints, and generally straighten up for day’s rental activity. Turn models off at end of day.
· Collect and post regular monthly rent payments.
· Receive and process work orders.
· Daily bank deposits.
· Daily follow-up on delinquent rent payment.
· Daily property inspection.
· Do competitive shopping by phone and in person. Collect advertising from local media, place by competition for review by Community Manager.
· Complete regular and special reports and duties as directed by supervisor.
· Read and adhere to all Tiempo policies and procedures in the Management and Administrative Procedures Manual.
· Promote and recommend other Tiempo properties when appropriate.
· Maintain Tiempo Customer Service Standards at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, co-workers and the general public.
· Must maintain a neat, clean professional appearance at all times.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.