Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Care Planner/Community Liaison
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
The Clinical Care Planner/Community Liaison coordinates care of new and existingclients of the adult and youth services in the PartialHospitalization, Intensive Outpatient, and Outpatient Program’s for Friendship Community MentalHealth Center. This position is responsible for clinical careplanning and the coordination of new referrals to the Agency.
- Must be at least 21 years ofage.
- HaveaBachelor’sdegreeinabehaviorhealthrelatedprogram;andone(I)yearexperiencein behavioralhealthcareand/or;HighSchoolDiplomaandatleastfour(4)yearsofexperience providingbehavioralhealthservicesoranacceptableandequivalentcombinationofeducationand experience.
- Must meet Agency requirements for Behavioral HealthTechnician
- MustpossessavalidArizonaDriver’sLicenseingoodstandingandmustpossessautoinsurance coverage.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principlesandpracticesofeffectiveworkplanning,evaluation,andcommunitybehavioral health care consultation.
- Psychiatric diagnostic methods andterminology.
- Cultural and social factors affecting behaviorpatterns.
- Wellness, recovery and resiliency oriented strategies andsupports.
- Clinical standards ofpractice.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules andregulations.
- Computer applications related to thework.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Coordinating care for clients from admission through post discharge.
- Providing collaborative and integrated case management services to assigned clients.
- Perform variousclient assessments including psych-social, substance abuseassessments, and risk assessments.
- Development, implementation and update treatment plans.
- Evaluate and report client’s progress according to program standards.
- Completion of all required clinical documentation according to company standards.
- Provide case management services and other behavioral health services at the behavioral health technician level.
- When necessary, be able to coordinate Utilization Review authorizations with health plans.
- Assist clients in accessing available community resources.
- Skilled at engaging all clients with different levelsof acuity in all of the Agency’sprograms.
- Coordinate referrals from community agencies and hospitals into program.
- Perform pre-screening assessments at theAgency site and/orout in the community to determine if admission criteria has been met for service level and Agency’s program type.
- Provide educational and marketing activities in the community.
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies for business expansion.
- Establish andmaintain positive relationships with community agencies, hospitals, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the community providers of behavioral healthservices.
- Assist in the coordination of admissions for new clients.
- Facilitate assigned rehabilitative individual and group activities effectively as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.Plan, prioritize and organize.
- Analyze, evaluate and make sound decisions.
- Prepare clear,accurate correspondence and other written materials.
- Demonstrate interpersonal sensitivity and work with a diverse population.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Ability to solve practical problems and dealwith a varietyof concrete variables in situations where standardization mayor may not exist. Abilityto reason effectively and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to synthesize new information and mentor individuals.
This positionrequires the individual to work withminimal supervision. Guidanceis available as necessary, however,the individual is expected to be able to function autonomously and makeindividual decisions when appropriate. This position does require the ability to interact with a variety of individuals and the abilityto meet deadlines and time pressure based on the volume of work.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those thatmust be met by a staff memberto successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. While Performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and drive to and from community appointments . Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 20 punts. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee and encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The noise and/or level of distraction in the work environment are usually moderate.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency, building, and maintenance of competency skills to for fulfill licensing, credentialing, and Friendship/CPLC requirements.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in a structured environment.
The clinical Supervisor reports and is directly supervised by the Vice President of Behavior Health . The employee is accountable for understanding and complying with Friendship/CPLC policies and procedures, area of practice ethics, and professional conduct.
I have read the job description and understand all of the duties and responsibilities of the position. I have also received a copy of the job description for my personal reference.