Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Based Parent Educator
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Parenting AZ 6741 N. 7th Street Phoenix, AZ 85014
2 Positions available
Parent Educator will be responsible for providing community based parent education classes to at risk parents and caregivers using Nurturing Parenting curricula and tools, on an as needed basis. Encourage and support the implementation of parent involvement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study required or within 6 months of hire
- Experience working with young children and their parents
- Capable of working with diverse cultural populations
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize computer technology such as:
- Outlook Email
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Bilingual preferred
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Successfully complete the Nurturing Parenting training and certification as a Parent Educator
- Maintain current certification as a Parent Educator, by completing the required professional development hours for years of service
- Provide parent education using Nurturing Parenting curriculum
- Possess effective communication and public speaking skills
- Use appropriate work-related behavior, dress and attitude
- Adhere to required confidentiality practices
- Conduct community outreach to recruit families as needed
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources, systems and services for families
- Coordinate services with other agencies providing services to families and young children
- Fulfill all contract requirements including recruitment, data collection, data entry, reporting, and attendance records
- Ability to manage and maintain incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Participate in regular scheduled supervision with supervisor
- Complete tasks as requested by supervisor
- Attend regular meetings with supervisor; attend/participate in staff meetings and other as requested
- Must have access to safe transportation with appropriate Arizona drivers’ license and automobile insurance as required by State of Arizona.
- Adhere to all contractual agreements between PA and funding sources and adhere to agency policies and procedures
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to refer families to appropriate services, including those offered by Parenting Arizona and CPLC.
- Ability to travel statewide as needed
- Ability to work on weekends and evenings as needed
- Other duties as requested by FRC Coordinator
It is expected staff participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills. A minimum of 20 hours per Fiscal Year including but not limited to Relias Learning & Conference.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work evening and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Moderate drive time throughout assigned Region
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Program Manager. Employee will be:
- Accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
- Meeting all documentation deadlines.
- Reporting any incidents and/or emergencies to their direct supervisor within 8 hours of the incident.