Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Centro Esperanza 325 N Stapley Dr. Mesa, AZ 85203
The Entitlements Specialist shall carry out assignments that include assisting members with the processing, maintenance and competition of state, federal and local entitlement applications. Cooperates and collaborates with and advises staff, members and families regarding entitlement issues. Provides training to staff regarding entitlements.
- Associate degree plus 1year of experience in social/human services (providing services to individuals with psychiatric disabilities a plus), entitlements or related area of service
- High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years’ experience as above
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
- Skill in the use of MS Word and Excel computer software required.
- Accepts member referrals from case managers for entitlements assistance. Ascertains member entitlement needs; interviews members; gathers all pertinent information for application processing. Initiates, tracks and assists members during and after the application process.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the completion of financial information forms and any benefit applications deemed appropriate for members. Obtains verification from outside agencies when necessary
- Responsible for AHCCCS eligibility facilitation and ongoing monitoring. Inspects and screens financial information evaluations completed by others for accuracy and enters data into electronic medical record system when needed
- Train and assist case managers at designated sites in the completion of financial information form and collection of entitlements.
- Serve as a member advocate in front of SSA court, AHCCCS (Medicaid) and Food Stamps Fair Hearings. Collect and process all medical documentation and forms used to help CPLC members during their Hearings.
- Analyzes entitlement issues and recommends course of action.
- Trains and disseminates entitlement information to staff and additional duties as assigned.
- Follows all CPLC policies, procedures and protocols.
- Must maintain member record confidentiality and integrity.
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality and attendance as set on the work schedule.
- Must be a collaborator and work as a team.