Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Ability to develop course goal. Proven classroom skills required. Extensive knowledge of cooperative learning strategies, differentiation, small group instruction, knowledge of developing formative and summative assessments to inform instruction. Ability to incorporate research proven teaching strategies into daily lesson delivery. Knowledge of interactive white boards and applications. Be familiar with the Common Core State Standards of Mathematics. Ability to integrate reading and writing into the math curriculum. Experience working with diverse populations specifically Native American and Hispanics.
Must possess a Bachelors Degree in Math or Master’s degree in education or content area preferred. Valid Arizona teaching certification. Highly qualified in content area. 2 years teaching experience in math or approved internship. Valid Arizona Teaching certification. Comprehensive knowledge of Common Core State Standards. Must possess a valid Class 1 or Class 2 Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety. Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in planning and implementing academic investigations (studies) in academic areas other than your own, as needed. Deep understanding of math concepts and inquiry based instruction. Willingness to teach multiple grades and subject levels. Willingness to differentiate instruction. Willingness to oversee/ advise extracurricular activities (student clubs, intramural sports, music instruction, etc.) Willingness to work with students before or after school to support their academic growth. Experience utilizing community experts and community resources to enhance content instruction preferred. Experience building student and parent relationships to improve student achievement. Experience working with an At-Risk Student Population (Preferred)
- Deliver exceptional standards-based instruction in assigned content area(s) and grade level(s) that ensures academic growth for ALL students
- Develop daily and unit lesson plans and a scope and sequence that are thoughtful, goal-oriented and aligned with the Common Core State Standards curriculum.
- Communicate regularly with parents and be available for Open Houses, Parent-Teacher Conferences and other events involving parents
- Be available to provide students with homework help before and after school
- Develop and implement detailed plans that support student learning, in keeping with the school’s priorities and structures: (EX: Portfolio creation; Passage/ Graduation Presentation preparation; internship support; wellness planning; student-led conference preparation; exhibition of student work preparation; culture building)
- Collaborate with colleagues to create and implement interdisciplinary standard-based project learning
- Incorporate explicit literacy instruction (reading and writing) into content- area lesson plans.
- Incorporate core curriculum and instructional practice into daily lessons and units.
- Be familiar with and willing to incorporate the Common Core State Standards of mathematics.
- Classroom Management
- Develop positive appropriate relationships with students, including explicit recognition of their growth (e.g., positive calls home, positive notes, etc.)
- Consistently implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Regularly assess student mastery of key skills and concepts and use this data to differentiate instruction to meet student needs
- Maintain accurate, thorough records of student achievement and behavioral performance and complete Progress Reports and Report Cards promptly and as scheduled
- Professional Development
- Master the necessary content knowledge and skills to successfully teach assigned content area(s) and grade level(s)
- Punctually attend, and positively contribute at all daily and/or weekly staff meetings
- Grow as a professional educator with classes/workshops for professional development (in specific areas of interest and/or need) and coaching and feedback from Principal and peers
- Participate in ongoing professional development, which includes participating in a Collaborative Practice Group (study group) focusing on effective instructional practice.
- Attend content area and school team meetings focusing on assessment, curriculum development, and instructional practice
- Attend regional and national professional development offerings by ELOB, as appropriate.
Requires vision and hearing and the ability to speak, write, print, and draw. Work in the job involves sitting and using computer peripherals for extended periods of time. Requires moving from one location to another. Other physical activity includes reaching, stooping, bending, holding, grasping and lifting heavy objects. Visual weakness must not prohibit the performing of assigned duties. Verbal communicative ability required.
Indoor classroom environment and some outdoor activities away from the primary work environment. All weather conditions/temperatures. Contact with the public, employees, children and parents. Work with At-Risk Student population.