Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Case Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: LUCES 6850 W. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85033
Under general supervision, provides direct covered services to individual clients, coordinates with community support and stakeholders. Responsible for managing appointment schedule, assigned caseload as a clinical liaison to RN and medical services, conducting needs assessments, implementing treatment plans, facilitating referrals, and participating in ongoing learning experiences.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a licensed* field related to medical case management such as social work, nursing, public health or other human services related field
Comparable professional knowledge, skills and abilities that documents 4 years of experience specific to medical case management; such as conducting needs assessments, implementing treatment plans, facilitating referrals; which may be substituted for the degree.
Knowledge of, and demonstrating competency promoting awareness of HIV/AIDS and other STD’s.
Able to work a flexible schedule as needed per program requirements.
Bilingual: English/Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate to Spanish speaking clients; including the technical medical language.
Must successfully complete the agency’s orientation and demonstrate competency regarding skills and knowledge per R9-20-204 (Application or Renewal Process / Article 2: Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Offender Treatment).
Have good organization and time management skills.
Medical Case Management Supervisors will have a Master’s degree in a social work comparable human service field and minimum 2 years of experience in direct service or case management or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Comparable human service field and minimum of 4 years of experience in direct service or case management.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES NEEDED:
- Experience in psychosocial assessment of clients.
- Experience in interdisciplinary care coordination; monitoring of health and social service delivery to maximize efficient/cost effectiveness.
- Capable of providing reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of HIV, family violence, substance abuse and able to refer clients to appropriate resources.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate services with other treatment providers.
- Ability to attend and actively participate in team staffing.
- Ability to attend primary medical care appointments with consumers when needed.
- Ability to provide medication adherence and monitoring instruction.
- Ability to effectively engage client’s and in some cases, their family members in treatment.
- Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support to clients.
- Must be able to communication to Spanish speaking clients.
- Experience in working independently and delivery of in-home services.
- Must be capable of working with diverse cultural population.
- Must have knowledge of the Ryan White healthcare system.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to assist clients in securing such services.
- Must have access to safe transportation, valid Arizona driver’s license and automobile insurance as required in the State of Arizona. Must be willing to travel throughout Maricopa County.
- Conducts follow up to service commitments, engagement, re-engagement for missed appointments, letters of intent, welfare checks and appropriate discharge functions completed within required time periods.
- Maintains and monitors caseload statistical information, including presenting issues lengthy of stay and outcome measures when assigned.
- Provides on call coverage for crisis situations as needed.
Ability to travel within Maricopa and Pinal counties as needed. Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.