Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Parenting AZ
This position will provide community based resources and assistance to families at the Guadalupe Family Resource Center. Duties will include facilitating group activities, participating in outreach events, providing superior customer service to families entering the center, clerical duties, and other duties as assigned.
- BA Preferred- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, social work, family studies, psychology or related field of study or the combination of the following requirements: proof that completion of the preferred degree will be acquired within 6 months, and at least two years previous supervised work experience with young children and/or parents
- Successfully complete the Nurturing Parenting training and certification as a Parent Educator
- Maintain current certification as a Parent Educator, by completing the required professional development hours for years of service
- Coordination and event planning, especially management of multiple simultaneous events
- Strong project coordination skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple demands
- Knowledge of infant and child development, parent-child attachment, mental health and the dynamics of child abuse and neglect.
- Knowledge and experience in strength-based and family-centered provision of primary prevention services, and/or direct experience as a family support worker.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Alternatives to the above qualifications as the program finds appropriate and acceptable in accordance with funding guidelines.
· Maintain positive rapport with staff and families at the Resource Center
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to meet contract deliverables.
· Prepare and submit timely documentation and reports, maintain client records in accordance to professional standards and funder requirements.
· Connect families to resources that help them reach their goals and address their needs.
· Participate in continuous quality improvement.
It is expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills. A minimum of 20 hours per Fiscal Year including but not limited to Relias Learning and Conference.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Family Resource Center Coordinator. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.