Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Phoenix, AZ
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will conduct psychiatric evaluations; counseling assessment;
medication monitoring, adjustment, and prescriptions; consultation and collaboration with treatment
team professionals, diagnostic education, counseling, psycho education; and maintain continuing
education and credentials relevant to scope of practice. Will further coordinate and assist with other
clinic staff the processing medication refill requests and scheduling according to client and program
needs; maintain the accuracy of electronic and hard copy clinical information to meet established
Master's degree in nursing, current certification by the Arizona Board of Nursing, current Drug
Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, current fingerprint clearance card, current CPR and First
Aid Certification. Able to utilize computer-based programs and web resources that manage large amount of data, and be competent in Excel and Word.
Able to be organized, have clear and understandable written and oral communication, demonstrate
empathy and build positive rapport with the client population served, be knowledgeable about
community resources, and adapt well to a changing and high volume environment.
1. Possess knowledge of outpatient mental health clinic operations.
2. Demonstrate above average facilitation and management of computer data.
3. Ability to develop and communicate ideas in writing.
4. Possess knowledge of intake assessment, data demographic standards, and discharge procedures;
follows CPLC monitoring authorities protocols.
5. Demonstrate skill with working with clients with diverse psychological, medical and cultural
needs; able to facilitate brief counseling interventions, psycho education, illness self management,
6. Independently conducts psychiatric evaluations for differential diagnosis, medication trails,
diagnostic education, and consults or refers when appropriate.
7. Conducts medication monitoring, facilitating prescription renewals, making adjustments and
changes to medication when appropriate.
8. Requests, interprets, and monitors laboratory test to ensure medical integrity for client wellness;
conducts doctor to doctor consultations when needed; monitors to reduce adverse effects or
identified polypharmacy situations; refer when appropriate.
9. Supports the counseling and social work treatment team by advocating psychotherapeutic
intervention in conjunction with pharmacotherapy's, recommends combination therapy when
appropriate; assists with interventions designed to increased client compliance with appropriate
medication use, treatment planning, required clinical documentation needed to maintain client
eligibility for services.
10. Supports co-occurring disorder approaches by actively engaging clients using motivational
enhancement and applying Tran theoretical stages of change; considers serious mental illness
and medication intervention, as appropriate, with persons presenting with substance abuse
history; understands the implications of addiction behavior with the prescription of certain
11. Ability to work closely with peers to implement new and ongoing ideas to ensure program
efficiency and effectiveness.
12. Knowledge of crisis planning and intervention; assists with client petitions, in-office crisis, and
after-hours crisis needs when appropriate.
Must be able to travel. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to utilize computer-based applications, such as office programs, spreadsheets, and electronic data environments.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured and unstructured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Centro De La Familia or designee. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.