Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Tempe, AZ
Responsible for insuring the efficient operation of
the property under the direction of the District Manager.
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one year property manager experience
- Minimum 5 year section 8/HUD file experience
- High school diploma or
general education degree (GED); AND one to three years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend
simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other
employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to
calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions and percentages.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: The Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
certification is highly recommended for this position but not required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Include the following but are not limited to the job
specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be
required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Operating the property within the financial guidelines, i.e., the
budget, established by the District Manager and Owner.
- Daily physical inspections of the property.
- Responsible for insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all
times for self and all property employees.
- Responsible for the thorough knowledge, implementation and enforcement
of all policies and procedures of Tiempo and its affiliated companies; insuring
through constant review that all he/she is operating within those regulations.
- Responsible for the leasing of the property; insuring that all sales
techniques and methods required by the management company are being used
effectively and in a professional manner.
- Responsible for responding to resident requests or complaints in a
timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Responsible for generating various reports, i.e., company required
reports, HUD information, etc.
- Responsible for implementing, designing and maintaining a resident
retention program, i.e., newsletter, resident referral program or social
- Responsible for operating within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health
Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible for reporting any unusual extraordinary circumstances
regarding the residents or the property.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement
for personal growth and development.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL FUNCTIONING REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires the ability to function both inside and outside in all
types of weather.
- Light to medium work that requires extensive standing, walking, stair
climbing, stooping, crouching and lifting up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (expressing or
exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). This skill/ability is important in work
activities in which workers must impart or receive detailed information through
oral or written communication.
- Good hand/eye coordination with the ability to perform
repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequence. Plus, the ability to handle multiple tasks at
the same time.
- Color discrimination, the ability to discriminate between colors in
terms of hue, and the ability to identify a particular color or color
combination from memory are required.
TYPES OF MACHINES AND TOOLS REQUIRED TO BE USED:
- Office machines normally found in a business office to include, but not
limited to, calculators, telephones, copy machines, and computer systems.
- Neat, cleanly groomed, and dressed including shirt and shoes in
accordance with Tiempo Personnel Policy and Procedures. Shorts are permitted during certain times of
the year. Men must be clean-shaven, or
beards trimmed daily.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability
to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to
present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify
and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be
expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and
maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
is performed in structured environments.