Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Underwriter/Real Estate Analyst
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Department: Business Enterprises
Position Title: Real Estate Analyst
Reports To: Chief Investment Officer - Opportunity Zones
Under the direction of the Chief Investment Officer, the Real Estate Analyst assists in conducting financial analysis, underwriting opportunities, creating internal reporting, financial statements, portfolio summaries, and facilitating internal decisions by the CIO and CPLC management. The position requires familiarity with all investment property types with a focus on commercial office, retail, hospitality, transit-oriented, industrial, and multi-family. The Real Estate Analyst performs quantitative and qualitative analysis and subsequently presents finding and conclusions to Management.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researching potential investment opportunities.
- Assist in underwriting/modeling new acquisition opportunities.
- Preparing financial projections.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly investor updates/reporting.
- Assist in preparation of loan packages.
- Analyzing opportunities and risks inherent in specific sectors and markets.
- Creation of valuation analysis, including creation of complex financial models.
- Perform competitive analysis of metrics on existing portfolio and competition.
- Obtain and maintain market data.
- Participate in due diligence and overall transaction support
- Work closely with Management in conduct investment performance evaluations.
- Compile and evaluate due diligence materials including market studies, leases, historical operating statements, rent rolls and property condition reports.
- Underwrites assets to facilitate hold, sell, refinance decisions.
The successful candidate should have a minimum 5 years of prior financial analysis experience; preferably in commercial real estate, financial analysis, real estate investment banking or other applicable real estate background.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough understanding of real estate investment and development terminology, practices, financial modeling and analytical techniques.
- High proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks.
- Analytical thinker/self-starter/self-motivated.
- Ideally has experience with commercial real estate asset classes including: commercial office, retail, hospitality, transit-oriented, industrial, and multi-family.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Project management abilities.
- Highly organized; attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Positive attitude and very strong work ethic.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance, or real estate. A MBA in finance, real estate or a related field is highly desired.