Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Case Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Workforce Solutions 619 N. 7th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85007
CPLC’s mission is to help individuals become economically and politically empowered and self-sufficient.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing assistance to individual and/or group services to youth between 14-24 years in achieving more effective personal, employment, educational and/or vocational outcomes in a competitive labor market. The Case Manager is responsible for assisting youth through career and education exploration ration, application processes for training or post-secondary opportunities, finding employment or internship opportunities, explore financial aid options, breakdown barriers such as transportation, housing and work readiness skills.
The requirements in the below key areas are broadly identified as follows:
Key Result Areas
Incumbent is accountable for Incumbent is successful when s/he:
* Secures supportive services, work experience/other training opportunities
* Providing effective case management services for youth
* Works on job development or placement for participants
* Conducts post program follow-up
* Takes appropriate actions with clients within program requirements
* Maintains client contact according to program and CPLC policy
* Assists with interviewing assessing of client educational and career interests, assets and needs
* Administers appropriate assessment instruments i.e.(College and Career Blueprint) and communicate assessment results to the youth
* Completing all necessary paperwork and submitting appropriate program applications, forms, records and supporting documents in a timely manner.* Effectively registers youth in the program, sets expectations, orients youth to the program
* Reviews and updates all reports
* Tracks performance
* Enters accurate and timely case notes into Arizona Job Connection System
* Prepares and submits status changes in a timely manner
* Meets with Program Manager 1 on 1 on a weekly basis
* Participating in scheduled training and/or staff development activities
* Provides resources to youth and CPLC staff
* Continuously gains knowledge with regard to case management resources/training
* Maintains attendance of trainings per training tracker reports from Arizona@Work and City of Phoenix
* Working as a member of the team to ensure attainment of outcomes as defined by internal and external performance-based goals and objectives
* In coordination with Program Manager, Program Coordinator and other Case Managers maintains activity report, numbers report, performance report to ensure data is being collected and reported in a timely manner
* Effectively and accurately representing the organization as needed
* Effectively and accurately presents workforce development overview and communication information relative to eligibility for services and program requirements
* Communicates and interacts with funders at
* the program operations level
* Represents the organization or program operations level
* Represents the organization or program on internal or external committees, coalitions and/or workgroups
* Effectively completing administrative and organizational responsibilities required of all employees
* Uses calendar, task and other accountability tools to create efficiencies in areas of time management, goals and performance goals.
?Calendar is organized and meetings are manageable to ensure ample time for meetings and other projects
?Schedule meetings as soon as possible or as directed by Manager and CPLC Workforce Director
?Send emails to team or other CPLC staff as per Manager and CPLC Workforce Director’s guidance within timeframe given
The Case Manager works effectively to meet CPLC’s program goals. S/he will:
* Embody the mission in all aspects of job performance by 100% participation in agency fundraising efforts, continuous self-improvement and communicating effectively at all levels.
* Attend all CPLC mandatory training, agency functions and events, has knowledge of and can communicate CPLC mission, vison, programs and program goals.
* Work directly with youth and may advise 50 Active youth at any given time.
* Facilitate co-enrollment between all programs.
* Develop and maintain working relationships with community partners. Work cooperatively with outside agencies and individuals to link youth to available and
appropriate services; foster inter-agency partnerships and coordinate activities with appropriate agencies such as local school districts, community-based organizations and employers in order to reach individual program goals.
* Attend staff development and training on assessments, reassessments, care plan development, interventions, prioritizing needs, case conferencing and follow up.
* Promote diversity, practices and/or policies that hold cultural differences and diversity in the highest esteem.
* Identify resources for participants and facilitate and schedule staff development trainings for program staff.
* Assist in the planning and execution of activities and student services.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, social work or related field with 3 years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training which provides the ability to perform job duties.
* One year experience in workforce development programs or similar services preferred.
* Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations, local industry and business employment needs and trends and area employment and training activities will be helpful.
* Must be Bi-lingual
* Strong communication skills are critical, both verbally and in writing.
* Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
* Ability to evaluate accurately the employability of youth clients.
* Ability to interview and counsel youth of diverse economic, educational, ethnic and cultural background.
* Understand and utilize positive youth development practices in all levels of work.
* Ability to commit to teamwork and establish effective working relationships.
* Willingness to consistently display a positive attitude and image of the agency as well as provide high quality, effective customer service in all facets of communication.
* Experience working with at risk youth a plus.
* Ability to be flexible as specific tasks will change with the evolution of the program.
* Acceptance of individual differences and self-awareness of one’s capabilities and limitations.
* Prior experience in public speaking, facilitation and good presentation skills a plus.
* Must be able to form strong connections with other people and have an understanding of and compassion for the lives of low income families.
* Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
* Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions and solve problems.
* Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
* Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
* Makes timely and informed decisions that take into account that facts, goals, constraints and risks.
* Aligns the direction, products, services and performance of a business line with the rest of the organization.
* Promotes organizational mission and goals and shows the way to achieve them.
* Follows fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
* Grasps the meaning of information and applies it to work situations.
* Understands and learns from what others say.
* Conveys ideas and facts orally and in writing that uses terminology the audience will best understand.
* Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
* Structures and directs others’ work in projects or programs.
* Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
* Influences others to follow recommendations and advice to bring them into compliance with regulations, standards or policies.
* Enforces governmental laws, rules, policies and regulations and ensure enforcement in a way that is fair, objective and reasonable.
Interaction with Others
* Builds constructive working relations characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
* Influences others to be excited and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives.
* Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
* Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
* Effectively deals with difficult conversations or situations when they arise.
* Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
* Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
* Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
* Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
* Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by the agency.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Work is performed in structured environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Program Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.
This job description does not list every job responsibility and the employee may be asked to perform other duties as necessary. The incumbent’s performance will be based in part in her/his performance of the duties outlined in this job description. This job description is not a contact for employment and the incumbent or CPLC may terminate employment at any time for any reason. Furthermore, CPLC has the right to change this job description at any time.