Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Devereux Arizona
Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, you could be part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being an Activities Assistant for our Residential Treatment Program has its Advantages!
As an Activities Assistant at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping kids. We offer:
- An environment where you can assist with the Recreational Therapy Assessment
- The opportunity to teach at-risk youth valuable life skills
- Growth opportunities that allow you to expand your skills
- A fun, fast-paced and supportive environment
- Competitive salary and a flexible schedule
- And you get to spend time mentoring and having fun with kids!
Located on a beautiful 10-acre campus in the heart of Scottsdale, Devereux Arizona’s 24-hour RTC and Therapeutic School, has the capacity to serve 48 children. The RTC is a safe and supportive environment that provides youth, from the ages of five to 17, who are experiencing emotional, behavioral or substance abuse challenges. We also provide an on-site accredited K-12 therapeutic school, which offers an academic curriculum while students receive intensive behavioral and emotional support.
As an Activities Assistant, you will plan and implement structured activities under the instruction and supervision of a Certified Recreational Therapist. This person will perform a variety of programming, technical, and clerical functions related to recreation, including working with clients, staff and volunteers; monitoring daily operation of groups and facilities, as well as performing clerical duties such as documentation and filing.
Schedule and hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm!
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives - by unlocking and nurturing h
Skill / Requirements
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in recreational activities required. Previous experience in behavioral healthcare setting with children/adolescents required.
- Must be available to attend 2 weeks of required training (paid, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm).
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions (or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Pre-employment Physical and Job Demand Assessment (if applicable)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results.