Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Support Specialist
at Evolution Way
Evolution Way is a cutting-edge sophisticated behavioral healthcare company located in Mesa, AZ. We are committed to providing the highest quality clinical care for addiction and mental health disorders. Drawing from the latest evidence based approaches, in an environment of dignity, respect and support, we help people build the resilience and skills they need to heal. We are looking for a driven and experienced person to come join our team. Working for Evolution Way is more than a job, its becoming part of a family dedicated to treatment and recovery. Come apply if you are looking for a rewarding career with an impact in the lives of the clients, families and community we served. We currently have a position open for:
Peer Support Specialist
The primary role of the Peer Support Specialist is in providing direct and support services to female or male drug and alcohol abusers. Specifically, the two main functions of the Peer Support Specialist are 1) supervision of the clients and 2) ensuring their participation in treatment related services. This may occur either at the clinical offices or at the community housing setting. The Peer Support Specialist is responsible for a variety of routine, basic tasks essential to the smooth operation of the program. The Peer Support Specialist function under the supervision of the Director of Recovery Support Services.
- Assists in supervision of client activities and be aware of client whereabouts at all times, including breaks and internal activities.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and in-house conferences/seminars as directed by Program Director.
- Maintains order and ensures compliance with rules and regulations; ensures that clients conduct themselves in an orderly manner when on agency property or in agency vehicles.
- Provides appropriate support and structure for clients in dealing with their recovery; interacts continually with clients
- Facilitates residents’ community meetings.
- Providing client support services while in residence
- Coordination of, and assistance with, client activities
- Transportation of clients
- Creating and maintaining a safe, comfortable, and client-focused residential environment
- Assisting clinical and admissions staff as needed
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality, HIPAA compliance
- Supervision and management of the residential milieu
- Ensuring client satisfaction with care
- Adherence to facility policy and procedures, State & Federal law, and The Joint Commission accreditation regulations and standards
- Participation in Clinical Oversight, as required (1.0 hour for every 40 hours worked).
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Professional appearance, aptitude, and attitude
- High School Diploma and experience in a behavioral healthcare setting
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Current CPR Certification, or the ability to obtain certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer literacy
- At least one year of recovery from a substance abuse and/or mental health disorder (self-attestation)