Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Culinary - Banquet Jr Sous Chef
at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SCP03855
Banquet - Jr Sous Chef
A special occasion calls for great food! As a Jr. Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts you will lead a team of culinary professionals in creating spectacular dishes that will create memorable dining experiences for our guests. Your experience in supervising various aspects of a kitchen will be reflective in positive guest satisfaction and colleague engagement results.
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort has 750 guest rooms, five award-winning restaurants, six sparkling heated pools, and a luxurious Well & Being Spa. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 28th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America's. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and exhibit a solid knowledge and understanding of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary and cooking techniques
- Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required for service
Assist Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, and Cooks as needed in execution of service
- Conduct training for Cooks on job responsibilities
- Conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels
- Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Apply advanced knife skills required for service
- Create, read, measure, and execute recipes
- Maintain an exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
- Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items
- Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups
- Skillfully and knowledgably work each kitchen stations
- Maintain supervisory role in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef
- Ensure food quality is superior and take action to correct any irregularities
- Produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service
- Work as a team, assisting all guest's and employee's needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department.
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Assist Chef de Cuisine by controlling food and labor cost
- Assist Chef de Cuisine by controlling of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen items
- Assist Chef de Cuisine by establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, product and people
- Ensure kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning
- Conducts daily briefing with kitchen colleagues
- Other related duties as necessary
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/careers
- 5-7 years experience, post culinary education
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory role in the culinary field required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts-and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our careers page.