Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook ( Full Time- Multiple Openings)
at Fort McDowell Casino
Performs cooking duties as assigned. Responsible for the cooking, production of entrees, vegetables, and specialty station foods. Must be able to maintain high quality food flavor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
3 years related experience of which a minimum of 2 years is in a high volume kitchen operation.
Must possess knife skills.
- Follows recipe specifications and maintains high quality and consistency.
- Cooks in high volume and high quality environment.
- Works from production sheets.
- Has knowledge of soups and sauces.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Keeps and uses rotated food items.
- Keeps refrigerators and dry storage organized and clean.
- Basic chemical awareness training is required.
- Communicates effectively with others at all times.
- Must be knowledgeable on all health department regulations.
- Must have valid food handler’s permit.
- Must have valid title 4 training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Balance and stand for 67-100% of work day.
- Hold/carry, bend, reach, stoop, twist and walk for 34-66% of work day.
- Daily exposure to fumes/odors/oils for 1-33% of work day.
- While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.