Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fort McDowell Casino
Primary job is to assist cooks through preparation of quality food.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
3 years related experience of which a minimum of 2 years is in a high volume kitchen operation.
Must possess knife skills.
- Follows recipe specifications and maintains high quality and consistency.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
- Reviews prep sheets and builds to predetermined par.
- Assures that product needed to prepare menu items are readily available for culinary staff.
- Keeps work areas organized and clean.
- Must be knowledgeable on all health department regulations.
- Must have valid food handler’s permit.
- Must have valid title 4 training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be 21 or older.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reach and stand for 67-100% of work day.
- Daily exposure to fumes/odors/oil for 67-100 of work day.
- Balance, kneel, twist, walk and bend for 34-66% of work day.
- Work in hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day
- Exposure to chemicals for 1-33% of work day.
- Walk on uneven or slippery surface for 1-33% of work day.
- Climb, twist, stoop and use a ladder for 1-33% of work day.
- While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.