Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fort McDowell Casino
At the direction of the Security Shift Manager and/or Lead Officer, provides customer services and physical protection and minimizes liability for the Fort McDowell Casino/Resort, Eagle View RV Resort, We-Ko-Pa Golf Club, Fort McDowell Yavapai Materials and other designated Fort McDowell Enterprises.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. A minimum of two years experience in civilian or military law enforcement or corrections, or in a similar position in a comparable industrial security setting is required. Preference is commensurate with level of experience.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona driver’s license and have the ability to legally and safely operate a motorized vehicle.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to make logical decisions in situations requiring tact and discretion.
- Proficiency in radio, telephone, verbal and written communications is required.
- Able to interact effectively and assist members of the public, FM Enterprise employees and management.
- Able and willing to work any shift and hours as assigned by the Security Department or Casino management or as necessitated by special circumstances.
- Patrol FM Enterprise facilities and grounds for the purpose of detecting and preventing the occurrence of crimes and other security related incidents.
- Monitor the activities of members of the public and employees anywhere on FM Enterprise property.
- Remain constantly alert for persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances, are acting in an unusual or suspicious manner, have been barred or excluded from FMC, or appear to be committing violations of the Tribal Gaming Operation, FMC Policies, other FM Enterprise policies, or Tribal, Federal, or State law.
- Be alert for any conditions that expose FM Enterprises’ assets or employees to hazardous conditions, civil liability or monetary loss and report and document said conditions.
- Monitor and prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas of FM Enterprise facilities.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of reported or detected crimes and other security related incidents occurring on FM Enterprise property.
- Complete incident reports concerning all incidents affecting the FMC and other FM Enterprises, their customers and employees.
- Inspect Security Department vehicles and equipment during the assigned shift for the purpose of ensuring their proper upkeep and maintenance, report detected problems, and operate said vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Effectively and correctly respond to emergencies and alarms as required and coordinate and cooperate with emergency services responding to incidents occurring on FM Enterprise property.
- Perform any other duties as directed by Security Department management.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Hear, reach, see and walk for 67-100% of work day.
- Eye/hand coordination for 67-100% of work day.
- Exposure to dust/smoke for 67-100% of work day.
- Sit and stand for 34-66% of work day.
- Bend and twist for 1-33% of work day.
- While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.
Job Type: Full-time