Goodmans Interior Structures
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Commercial Interior Designer
at Goodmans Interior Structures
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design of commercial spaces for the function, flow and aesthetic desired
by the client.
Attend site/inventory verifications, programming meetings, assist with space planning and typical development, color boards and product presentations. Develop installation drawings and specifications and site-to-plan review. Work closely with sales support, order entry and installation group as well as the client to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client requirements, customer satisfaction and project implementation.
Mentor design staff and offer training for new designers and continued learning for existing designers. Qualified as a "Double Checker" for 100% accuracy.
1. Responsible individual, knowledgeable of the full design process.
2. Use client programming requirements to develop conceptual design and block planning for a project.
3. Conduct product research and maintain vendor communication.
4. Measure and field verify existing or new building conditions.
5. Draft or modify base plans in CET.
6. Inventory existing customer product.
7. Compose space plans; develop typicals and layout systems furniture.
8. Specification of systems and conventional furniture.
9. Export furniture layouts and space plans into CAP Studio to create a Bill of Materials.
10. Develop installation drawings.
11. Track and record all billable project time.
12. Check own work for thoroughness and accuracy prior to submitting for a double check.
13. Polite and cordial in all customer interactions.
14. Communicates easily and clearly.
1. Support and model Goodmans’ core values.
2. Works well in a team environment.
3. Attend client meetings with another designer and/or a salesperson.
4. Set up and maintain project files per Goodmans standards.
5. Create color and material presentations.
6. Work with other software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, ICE, Z-axis, and Sketch Up.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related field.
Organizational Competencies (All positions):
· Communications Effectiveness
· Customer Focus
· Goal Driven
· Positive Attitude
· Problem Solving
· Process Flow Knowledge
· Product Knowledge
· Team Work
· Training and Personal Development
· Customer Service
· Developing Team Members
· Process Knowledge
· Product Knowledge
· Project Knowledge
· Quality Focus
· Space Planning
· Time Management
This job requires you to have transportation to get to and from customer sites. You must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.