Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Video Editor
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education continues to grow and is seeking a Jr Video Editor to join our team. The primary focus of this role is visually telling the many stories of the clients’ brands through commercials, testimonials and other video story telling techniques that can be shared on the clients’ social platforms and through broadcast. By using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, the editor creates and produces high-quality, multi-media assets that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets including national media as a means to market to relevant audiences and thereby creating brand awareness among these audiences. The position works closely with the Creative Director, Producer and all other relevant stakeholders to produce the desired product.
The junior video editor is also responsible for post-production tasks including; reviewing RAW footage, creating offline rough cuts, audio mastering, online finishing, color correction, and motion graphics. Since this is an entry level role, not all aspects of post-production may be assigned; the junior video editor must ensure their parts of the post production are completed on time to enable the final post production to be done by others.
- Participates and executes creative solutions for addressing client branding/marketing initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Executes each asset visual style as provided by Creative Director.
- Looks at raw footage, tags shots, and organizes into archives for easy retrieval.
- Performs initial editing and hands off the workflow to assist in assembling visual/audio program material to create compelling and visually interesting products; observes brand standards; creates photo galleries and slideshows with audio when needed.
- Maintains daily workflow; adhere to accepted department process in video-editing.
- Edits and distributes media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted upon supervisor approval.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to travel, which may require extended hours or overnights (10% of time).
- Able to pass pre-employment background check
- Able to work flexible schedules and extended hours.
- Basic video with audio post production knowledge and capabilities
- Possesses a keen eye for space, timing and movement aesthetics;
- Basic knowledge of video technologies to create a compelling visual story using color to express mood and feeling; able to learn how to utilize as mentored.
- Ability to learn advanced editing, motion graphics and animation skills
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn best practices and principles of editing trends and techniques, motion after effect, photo editing and image manipulation; including layout, typography, color, balance and composition.
- Ability to learn digital workflows for images and videos
- Basic proficiency in Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Ability to learn how to edit with the below software: After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Davinci Resolve, and Premiere,
- Basic skill in encoding techniques for online distribution of videos.
- Basic skill in independently troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Ability to take direction from producers and directors to fulfill their vision of the final product.
- Ability to collaborate with all stakeholders throughout the production phase.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in teams.
- Must be able to manage time/priorities and multi-task to handle both long term projects and those that require quick or aggressive turn-arounds.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology landscape.
- Able to work on MAC or PC to produce final product.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com